4 Indications You May Have Mold IN Your San Marcos Home

Mold can be deadly and when found in home with healthy or asthmatic lungs poses a serious problem to your health but more especially, the health of your little ones. In this article we will discuss the top 4 indicators that you may have mold in your home.

Mold grows in stuffy environments where it’s damp and moist and the air is humid. Often it can grow unabated before it’s ever noticed either visibly or olfactory- meaning- before the air in the house smells musty and dank. There are however warning signs that may indicate that mold is growing and although not extensive, we’ve put together a list of these signs in hopes that we can help you identify mold in its early stages.

First, you may experience allergic reactions. Common reactions to mold growth are sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and nasal congestion and it’s especially indicative of mold if your allergies improve when you leave the house.

Second, and perhaps more dramatic are neurological symptoms like headaches, memory loss, and dizziness could mean that a toxic mold such as Black Mold may be present in the home. Trouble concentrating or a shortened attention span may also be indicators that mold is growing in your home and like allergic reactions, your symptoms may improve when you leave the affected area.

Mold Remediation
Mold Removal

Third, there may be condensation in your home. A human body creates roughly a gallon of water vapor in the home every month. During especially warm months or in common rooms in the home, this moisture can build up and penetrate the walls where it lays beneath the surface. The next logical step for water in this stuck position is to turn into mold. Rusty pipes or dual pane windows as well can trap condensation in corners and in walls which if not let loose will simmer in the heat and turn into mold spores that will attack your lungs and possibly your nerve cells.

And finally, if you’ve had floods or leaks in the past you are definitely on the top of the list for potential mold candidates. Especially if you haven’t hired a restoration company to handle your water damage, leaky pipes and insecure connections on your sinks, dishwasher, washing machine, and toilets can all lead to subterranean moisture build up which will lead you to a mold problem.

 

While this list isn’t conclusive, it’s certainly a good start and hopefully a bit of an eye-opener when it comes to recognizing potentially harmful substances in your home.

Mold is no joke and some types of mold have been deadly to older folks and children. If you’re experiencing any of the neurological or asthmatic symptoms as mentioned above, contact a doctor and then call a mold remediation. A doctor can help ease your symptoms but a mold remediation specialist can cure the disease.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>